Monday, February 19, 2007

#107 We Now Return to Our Regularly Scheduled Normalcy (208.6)

A loss this week of .4, an undeserved .4 but I guess I'm lucky like that. I really tested the boundaries with my metabolism this week and I could sort of tell that I was in the back of my mind. I guess you want to see how bad you can be and still get away with it. Lesson learned. Unfortunately, this makes my 200lbs by Spain goal a little far fetched. But, crazier things have happened.

Reasons I only lost .4 pounds this week:
  • I'm on my period

  • I had a good sized loss last week

  • I had a doughnut on Friday (It was delicious)

  • Drank way too much Saturday night

  • Buffalo Chicken Salad with REAL Ranch Dressing

  • I didn't track my calories as closely as I had been

  • I drank basically no water

  • I skipped one of my workouts to watch movies on my couch


  • So! I know what went wrong and I know what I can do to fix it and I'll be doing that all week. Things got off to a great start this morning as I woke up a little earlier then normal and went to the gym. Started Week 4 of Cto5K and had my first set of 5 minute runs this morning. I still can't believe that I was able to do the whole workout without passing out. I couldn't run for more than 30 seconds 4 weeks ago and now I'm busting out 5 minute runs like it's nothing. Well, not nothing, the last one was a little rough but I powered through.

    I think I'm going to invest in a stability ball this week. I've been wanting one for quite awhile now but didn't buy one because I doubted my commitment and really didn't want a huge ball mocking me in my teeny tiny apartment. But I think at this point it's safe to say I'm in this for the long haul and would definitely benefit from having one. Via Dietgirl I've been perusing some of the exercises over at trainwithmeonline.com and am itching to try out a few. You know when you're sitting on the couch watching American Idol for like 5 hours a week (seriously, I think it's on for 5 hours this week. It's like a part time job, watching American Idol) and you feel like the time would be better spent if you were doing crunches or something? I think the ball would be a good motivator in that way.

    I noticed a disturbing trend in the last week when I sort of loosened up the reins on the diet. I found that I was eating a small breakfast, a small lunch, no snacks, and then a huge lumberjack style dinner. Being that I am a young person I like to go out and now that I'm 21 the prospect of drinking a few Margaritas is always an available option and I noticed that I was squirreling away my calories "just in case" something came up. That ends today. This morning I returned to a normal sized breakfast, am eating plenty for lunch, and will have a nice, normal sized dinner.

    What's funny about my unbalanced eating is that now that I've realized what I was doing I feel like I've just dropped 5 pounds of stress from my life. I didn't realize until now that I was really starting to worry about how to have fun and keep my calories down. I kept thinking how can I make it look like I'm not dieting without an explosive amount of calories? When really what I should have been doing was focusing on the fun and not the food/drinks that came with the fun. I'm having such a "Duh." moment. Excellent, glad I've sorted that out for myself.

    Labels: , , ,

    3 Comments:

    At 9:33 AM , Blogger Cory said...

    That's a great loss considering everything. Congrats, but Go You for realizing that you that have to work harder this week. I love my balance ball when I actually use it. And there are a lot of exercises you can do on it while you've watching the amazing long Idol. It's a good way to get them both in!

     
    At 10:09 AM , Blogger Fatinah said...

    I use the stability ball quite a bit in my weight training class - I think you will find it $ well spent. What I think is awesome is that you were able to look at your diet over the past bit and find some valuable insight. What a great NSV

     
    At 10:40 AM , Blogger ~~Midnight Raider~~ said...

    Yes.. balanced eating is SO important when you're trying to lose weight. Sounds like you do a great job at analyzing your habits, though. Way to go!

     

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home