Saturday, February 17, 2007

#106 The Doomed Run

The cosmos were working against me today as I tried to run my last workout of week three of Cto5K. The magazine I was distracting myself with went flying down the treadmill and I had to hop to avoid slipping on it as I ran. Then my jacket, which I was using to cover the clock, slipped off and revealed the seconds ticking away, begging me to count them when I knew it would only make the run harder. And then My headphones kept popping out of my ears and swinging all over the place, whacking me in the face while I'm trying to do work.

I was furious when I finished my run, huffing and puffing, pissed that so much had gone wrong. Then I gained some perspective and thought about how I'd finished another week of the program and maybe these instances were just meant to be obstacles to challenge my will. You know, or something less deep and introspective. Regardless, I was annoyed, but finished the workout and am pumped to start week four.

But! On a much happier note, I received my January Challenge surprise from Jeannie. A power water bottle and a couple of mix CDs, one for working hard and one for cooling down afterwards. I gave them a little test run yesterday and kept cracking up when certain songs came on. So, thank you so much to Jeannie! I love them and the water bottle definitely rocks! (I have your gift but the weather kept me from mailing it so it's going out on Monday! I know I'm wicked late...I'm so sorry!)

Tonight I'm going out for a drink with my sister and then meeting up with a friend for wine and movies. Layin' low and enjoying the weekend. I think that after this weekend I'm going to dig my heels in and throw everything into the next three weeks before my trip. I think the vacation will be that much more relazing if I know I worked hard to get there.

Hope everyone has an enjoyable weekend!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 7:20 PM , Blogger Cory said...

That was apparently an awesome run if you managed in spite of all that!!!! Congrats on the determination to keep going. That's enough to give anyone trouble. :)

 
At 12:46 AM , Blogger Living to Feel Good said...

WooHooOOO Week 3 is done, and your ready to tackle week 4. Don't get discourage with the increased times..your body has been getting ready for it. BTW I don't know if you are worried or not, but I was, so I thought I'd offer that advice. :D

 
At 9:28 AM , Blogger Tigerlilly said...

You finished the run!! THAT is awsome! With all that happened... I dont think anything else can get in your way now! LOL

Stay strong and keep you mind on that vacation... sounds like perfect inspiration!

 
At 10:35 AM , Blogger jeannie* said...

YAY! I'm glad you got your present. Literally I dont leave the house without my powerbottle... but I dont expect you to be nearly as psycho about yours heehee. Just thought it might help you get your water in now and then. YAY FOR MAIL :)

And I'm so glad that you finished your run! You should feel even MORE proud of yourself for finishing even though gravity was clearly trying to keep you down! Great work!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home