Thursday, February 01, 2007

Daily Post #91-92

Calories in: 2308
Calories out: 6765
Difference: 4457

I haven't been sleeping very well lately, and it's really starting to get on my nerves. Part of it is my own fault - drinking caffeine so late at night -- and other parts aren't. For example, my cat has this bad habit of getting very rowdy around 3 AM and then pouncing on my head. Also, it's freakishly cold in my apartment, only about 20 degrees warmer than it is outside and February in Maine is basically as cold as it gets around here. I'm not sure what I'm going to do to remedy this problem, short of drinking some liquor and passing out (not the best idea). Hopefully I'll get some good sleep soon though, because it's starting to effect my will to workout. And we can't have that can we!?

- - -

I went to the gym yesterday to do the second workout of Cto5K and found myself in an uncomfortable situation. I wasn't feeling very well (I think I have a cold coming on), and felt a little nauseous, but decided to work out anyway. So I'm sniffling a little, getting ready to start jogging and these two girls come into the gym. Now, I try not to make judgements about people that I don't know, but I couldn't help chuckling at these girls. They were maybe 17 years old, blond hair, super-tanned, and...were wearing matching outfits. Yea.

So these girls walk in and head towards the treadmills. I take a quick look and see that there are only 2 treadmills available, and they are located on the other side of me. I knew what was coming. I was about to be the filling in a Barbie sandwich.

The girls proceeded to help each other stretch out and hop on the two machines on each side of me, giggling like fools the whole time. That's when the worst part of this whole scene hit me: They both smelled strongly of vanilla frosting. I'm not kidding, it was like being enveloped in a giant cupcake. And not in a good way. I was already feeling ill and the combination of gym smell, vanilla frosting, and my achey tummy was just too much.

I finished my workout and sucked in some big gulps of fresh air the second I got outside, glad to be free from that vanilla scented hell. I guess it goes without saying that if I see them at the gym again I'm going to alter my workout to avoid the cupcake girls.

- - -

Today marks the first day of the February Challenge, and I'm glad to be done with January. I don't think I'm built to take in that much water. That's not to say I won't keep on with the hydration, I just won't be guzzling to the extreme I was in January. For February I'd like to keep a better eye on my carbohydrate intake. The last week in January I noticed that I was getting a little out of hand when it came to how my calories broke down. In February I'd like to keep it at about 50% or less, just to assure myself that I'm getting enough protein and fats. We'll see how it goes.

Also, much love to Jeannie, my personal cheerleader for January. Thanks so much for sticking by me!

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 2:31 AM , Blogger Living to Feel Good said...

Hello..Sarah from the challenge here.

I HATE when people wear perfume to the gym. I did a whole post on my blog about that last month. It's so gagging, and don't they realize some people are allergic to it? I love that they are now know as the cupcake girls.

Way to go on the c to 5k. I'm doing it too, and tomorrow I do my first 20 min run. I'm a little scared. I hope I can make it.

So I feel like I am repeating myself here because it seems like a lot of people are getting sick, but make sure you get your berries in. They will help you not get sick or help you get over it fast. I like to take 1/2 c. of mixed berries (frozen mixture of blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries) 1/2 c. fat free milk, ice cubes, and some splenda and blend. It taste yummy and helps fight colds.
Have a good weekend. :)

 
At 11:13 AM , Blogger Paige said...

Another Challenger checking in.

I have a lot of trouble sleeping, I've tried all the dang sleep meds that are out there, nothing really works--which is why I'm giving up caffeine this month & trying to phase out unneeded sugar. Amazingly, the past few days without caffeine, I have slept like a log!

Good luck this month

 
At 12:06 PM , Blogger ~~Midnight Raider~~ said...

The gym already smells enough without adding sickening sweet scents to it! Ugh! That must have been a wretched experience.

 
At 4:58 PM , Blogger JOY said...

Hi - I'm Joy from the Challenge!

I know what you mean about the water! I don't think my body is made to consume too much water - put simply I would spend half my day dashing to the "Ladies"!

Good luck for February!

Together we can do it!

 
At 4:48 PM , Blogger Cory said...

That seriously sucks about the cupcake girls causing you some problems. I really hope it doesn't happen again.

And I hope you get better and start getting some good sleep again!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home