Monday, January 29, 2007

Daily Post #85-89 (213.6)

Calories in: 5980
Calories out: 16068
Difference: 10088

(Numbers above are for the last 5 days.)

I can't believe it's been five days since I last wrote here. I never realize how busy school makes me until I start missing my vacation habits, like writing in here. Luckily I've been exercising consistently, and still eating pretty well. This last week I ate a lot of foods that I consider okay once in awhile (cheeseburgers, french fries, fast food salads, candy, spaghetti & sausage, bacon, orange juice) so it doesn't surprise me that I only lost 1.2 pounds this week, putting me .8 pounds from 40 pounds lost. My portions were all responsible, but the quality of the food, and the benefits of eating those foods, are far less then when I had been eating.

This week it's back to eating like a nutrition conscious being. Salads and grilled chickens, fish, yogurt, low-cal soups, lots of veggies and fruit. And water! I've been slacking hardcore on water as I've apparently re-discovered my love for diet Dr.Pepper. Not awful, but not good.

I'm thinking of re-vamping my gym program to avoid the touch of boredom I've been feeling. The most recent post at angryfatgirls got me thinking that I've been doing the same old same old for awhile now and it may be time to step it up a notch. I'm not much of a runner, but I was thinking about trying The Couch to 5K Program. I definitely feel the need for a challenge as I did 40 minutes on my home elliptical on Saturday and was bored and disappointed (and thrilled, all at once) with how easy it had become.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

At 5:20 PM , Blogger ~~Midnight Raider~~ said...

Couch to 5k is a great program. Three years ago I would have said, "I'm not a runner," too. I mean... I was totally NOT a runner. Now I am training for a Half Marathon. You may discover an untapped love for running if you try the C25k program. It really helps ease people into it.

 
At 9:29 PM , Blogger Michelle said...

I love the C25k program! Let us know how you like it!

And thank you for coming back in February :)

 
At 9:56 PM , Blogger Salma Gundi said...

I'm doing the Couch to 5K and am enjoying having an actual goal. But a few months ago I was going through a bout of gym ennui and decided that I needed to think of the whole thing as being much more like recess than like work.

It worked wonders :)

Best wishes to you!

 
At 11:05 AM , Blogger Cory said...

Change is a wonderful thing for our bodies. Since you took last week almost as a break from the eating, and now making some changes to your exercise program you will probably see some great changes in the coming weeks.
I find it amazing how our bodies get into a rut and don't get the same benefits after getting used to doing the same thing all the time....

 
At 12:34 PM , Blogger jeannie* said...

Down again... you are a superstar!

Keep me posted on the couch 2 5k. I've thought about doing it... and started it once or twice but never get through it. I'd LOVE to be able to run for more than 30 seconds without dying though :)

 
At 5:46 PM , Blogger WeightWatchnWoman said...

Wow, you are consistently losing, which is awesome!!!

You are my hero : )

I thought of trying the couch to 5K but opted against it, maybe when the weather breaks.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home