Thursday, January 11, 2007

Daily Post #72

Calories in: 993
Calories out: 2993
Difference: 2040

Water: Not so good, a very busy day

We have a little market in town that I visit occasionally for fresh produce. I don't go there very often since I usually do my groceries in one fell swoop and this place only have fruits and veggies,no meats and limited dairies. My mom and I went this afternoon and I got green peppers, cucumbers, lettuce, onions, grapes, apples, and pears. Everything came to under ten dollars! Wowza, I think I need to go there more often.

This afternoon I made this recipe to bring over to The Sisters. I do my laundry there every Thursday and she usually makes me a nice dinner while I'm there so I thought I'd return the favor. While it isn't inherently Diet Friendly I've decided not to sweat it. I think every food is Diet Friendly so long as you eat it properly. Besides, this isn't a diet. Right?

I think that's the best thing about the way I've been eating. I haven't been depriving myself of anything that I want. Every indulgence I feel I deserve I give myself, but in a responsible portion. Maybe that's what's different about this time around, usually I swear off bread, or chocolate, or everything remotely tasty, and this time I'm eating, well, normal. I know that this is a long term thing I'm trying to do and there's no way I can live my life without the occasional cheeseburger.

Somehow, I feel like I've discovered a dieting secret. Or maybe just finally understood one that was in front of me all this time: Moderation.

Labels:

8 Comments:

At 5:43 PM , Blogger i i eee said...

Amen, to moderation!

 
At 9:12 PM , Blogger WeightWatchnWoman said...

I think not depriving yourself is a key. When I deprive myself it usually leads to me binging.

The chicken lasgna sounds good. I will have to try it.

 
At 9:52 PM , Blogger Sha-Dizzle said...

holy cow! i was just thinking today how it's been DIFFERENT this time around, and prolly b/c i dont cut things out and finally understand control and moderation, and youre so right, it's NOT a diet, it's a lifestyle change...

hey, i had to add a little props to you on my "239" entry: http://sha-diggity.blogspot.com/2007/01/239-already.html

 
At 1:11 AM , Blogger Alea said...

Amen. Moderation is definitely the key. So simple and yet not always easy... At least not for me. :)

 
At 10:57 AM , Blogger jeannie* said...

Right on... Moderation is the key to success for me. Like alea said, so simple, but not so easy all the time!

And that lasagna looks great!

 
At 11:21 AM , Blogger Michelle said...

Amen sister! All things in moderation! You can have your cake and lose weight too. Just don't be like me and eat the entire cake! LOL!

 
At 1:55 PM , Blogger ~~Midnight Raider~~ said...

Yep! Diets don't work! Lifestyle changes that include moderate portions, healthy foods and physical activity are the way to go!

 
At 3:08 PM , Blogger Elaniom said...

YES!! I love the idea that every food is diet friendly!! But, where do I learn this "moderation"? ;) Have a great weekend!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home