Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Daily Post #64

Calories in: 1024
Calories out: 3488
Difference: 2464

Challenge Day 3: ~70/64 oz

Had a busy day (Victoria's Secret's Semi-Annual sale was calling my name) and didn't get to eat as much as I usually do. Sad story, right?

At the gym this morning I saw a guy that I worked with last summer. I didn't get a chance to talk to him, but saw him from afar and had a tiny moment of panic. Oh, God. I can't believe he's here and can actually see me right now. I'm all sweaty and red, I'm positive I don't smell my very best, and I'm wearing two different socks. This is awful.

And then, just like that, I didn't care. I was over it. I realized that getting a good workout was way more important to me then looking foxy for some guy.

Immediately my thoughts turned to Yes, I'm a big girl and right now I'm sweating but that's just how it is. At least I'm doing something about it! And I almost wanted to run in to him so he could see that I don't care if he sees me at my most unattractive.

I guess I'm mentioning all of this because it's kind of a big deal to not be embarassed at the gym. Sha-Dizzle mentioned exercise embarassment in her most recent post, and sometimes I get a touch of it. Most of the time I'm the biggest person there and usually it doesn't phase me, but I'm human and there are times where I'm ashamed of my size. Getting over this has been huge when it comes to working out. I'm not scared to get disgusting when I'm at the gym, because I know that means I'm working hard. Besides, if the people at the gym are anything like me, they're more concerned about themselves and their workout then anyone else.

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

At 6:45 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Meghan - Hi! Thanks for the comment on my blog. America's Next Top Model is soooo addicting. It's just so Catty, and I love that! I really like your love handles picture! Intresting thoughts on feeling embarassed at the gym. I only feel weird if I'm running, and I fell like guys are watching my boobs! Oh well, Let them look!
Hope your having a great day!
Poppy

 
At 10:11 PM , Blogger ~~Midnight Raider~~ said...

Just being at the gym and working out is soooo awesome and a huge accomplishment. It's more than many people EVER do, and you're right to be proud of yourself! Kudos to you!!

 
At 11:25 PM , Blogger Living to Feel Good said...

Last night there was a guy that was severely overweight next to me on the treadmill. He had been on the treadmill for 55 mins when I got on, and he was sooo sweaty. I wanted so badly to give him a thumbs up or a high five, but then I was afraid I would make him self concious or fear that he thought I was making fun of him. I was so excited for him that he was doing something about it. Don't worry about the gym. Being there is a reward in it's self.

 
At 10:24 AM , Blogger Fatinah said...

I think it is great that you are getting out to the gym - and that you're working so hard when you're there. Who wants to be one of those wall flowers you see at the gym? All made up and not working hard - when I go to the gym, if I ever envy anyone, it is the person who can give it there all and work hare - you're likely inspiring more people than you think. You know what you look like when you're sweaty? It isn't "unattractive" as you say. You look like health. Nothing sexier than that my friend.

 
At 10:49 AM , Blogger Cory said...

Being there and working out is very awesome. And congrats on that confidence. So many people go to the gym to be seen. It's ridiculous. That's not what the gym is for. So GOOD FOR YOU for not falling into the trap.

 
At 10:50 AM , Blogger Cory said...

Being there and working out is very awesome. And congrats on that confidence. So many people go to the gym to be seen. It's ridiculous. That's not what the gym is for. So GOOD FOR YOU for not falling into the trap.

 
At 11:46 AM , Blogger jeannie* said...

Being confident at the gym is such a big step. When I first started working out I felt the same way too, like people would look at me and think 'I cant believe shes walking so slow on the treadmill' or stuff like that... but honestly, WHO CARES WHAT THEY THINK! You're totally right... we're there DOING something about it, and if people want to judge let them! Those people are just not worth our time.

Keep it up! You're doing awesome!

 
At 1:48 PM , Blogger Elaniom said...

Oh, it's that negative self image that kept me out of the gym for so long, but you have overcome that!! What a great victory!! You should have run up to that guy!! ;) Go for it!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home