Monday, January 08, 2007

Daily Post #69 (221.6)

Calories in: 1129
Calories out: 3663
Difference: 2534

Challenge Day 8: 84/64 oz

Weigh in day! I'm down another two pounds, which is astounding to me. I feel like I drank my weight in wine this weekend. Oh well, I must have done something right!

True to my word, today was quite a busy day. I was at the gym with The Sister by 7:00 this morning, where I yawned while using the leg press. I was maybe a little over-zealous on my elliptical last night and my knees are sore today so I spent a lot of time on arms and less time on cardio/fat burn stuff. Still broke a hell of a sweat though, and when I left at 8:00 I felt good.

Next stop was my doctors for my annual physical. A few years ago I switched over to the lady doctor at this particular office and since then I haven't dreaded a physical. She's much more understanding of my concerns and I was happy to discuss my body issues with her. Apparently when I had a blood test last March my thyroid came back as being a little under active but the issue was pushed aside because my gallbladder was filled to the brim with stones and needed to be removed. She took another blood test today to check the thyroid again and make sure it's not getting worse or to see if it's at a level where we needs to take some action.

Can you imagine if all this time I had an under active thyroid that was working against me? Come on body, get with the program!

I also got my first Gardisal vaccination (The complete vaccination takes 2 more shots). My mother had cervical cancer about 2 years ago, which means my chances of getting it are increased, so when it was offered to me I said definitely yes. If you haven't already been vaccinated you should check it out - why not decrease your chance of getting cervical cancer?

After the doctors I returned some movies, applied for a credit card, got on my school's ass about my graduation forms, and cleaned up the puddles of beer left over from Saturday night's party. All I need to do now is pick up the black hole that I call my bedroom and I'm done my chores for the day!

ETA: Because I worked out so early this morning, I decided, since I had the time, to go to the gym again this afternoon. Gotta love high motivation days! I really want to be out of the 220s this week and I don't want to have any regrets or what ifs if I miss that mark.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At 8:48 PM , Blogger Fatinah said...

way to go on the loss!

 
At 9:54 PM , Blogger Michelle said...

Wooohooo!!!! I'm down 2 lbs today too and am in my 220s! Well, high 220s, but it's better than the 230s! :) You need to share a picture of your new slippers! Have a wonderful day!

 
At 10:45 PM , Blogger WeightWatchnWoman said...

Congrats on your weight loss...Awesome work!!!

It is good you went ahead and got the Gardisal vaccination. I think that was a great decision.

Tee

 
At 11:38 PM , Blogger Alea said...

Congrats on the loss! Well done, keep up the good work! I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you and sending you skinny vibes so you'll be out of 220's soon. Good luck!

 
At 9:52 AM , Blogger jeannie* said...

Congrats on losing!!! Looking at your weekely weigh ins I'm totally amazed and inspired by your consistent loss... and doing it DURING the holidays!

Keep up the great work and you'll definately be out of the 220s :)

 
At 11:40 AM , Blogger Elaniom said...

Congratulations!! What a great loss!! Also, 2 a days make you feel invincible!! go for it!

 
At 4:56 PM , Blogger i i eee said...

Congrats on the loss! And way to go for promoting the cervical cancer vaccination! I think everyone should go in and get one.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home