Saturday, January 20, 2007

Daily Post #79, 80

Calories in: 2349
Calories out: 6535
Difference: 4186

School started back up this week, and with that and my mom's surgery I've been more then busy. I'm still keeping things in check though, exercising as often as possible, and eating sensibly. I'm sort of functioning on auto-pilot when it comes to this weight loss stuff lately, which isn't a bad thing, but it more of a maintenance strategy then one to lose weight. Ah well, sometimes life gets in the way.

My mother's surgery went better then anyone expected it to. She has a history of having pretty serious complications whenever she has surgery (which is way more often then I can even begin to explain right now) but this time she pulled through like a champ. I went and visited her in the hospital on Thursday night and she was up and talking, watching TV, eating. I brought her home from the hospital yesterday and she was itching to start baking and do the laundry. She bounced back like it was nothing, and she'd had surgery on her spinal cord less than 48 hours before. The woman blows my mind.

Thank you all so much for your kind words in my last post. I haven't sorted things out with my brother just yet, but I did talk to my sister about it and we both feel we need to talk to him about the things he's been saying lately about everyone wanting him to be fat. I'm sure it'll come to a head eventually, and hopefully we can enlighten him to the proper way to deal with emotional stress.

I hope everyone out there in blog world is doing well! I haven't had much of a chance to read blogs lately, but hope to catch up on it this weekend. Congrats to Michelle on her Biggest Loser call back, I know we're all rooting for you!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 10:50 PM , Blogger WeightWatchnWoman said...

I am glad that your mother had a successful surgery. I am also glad that she is is great spirits. I am glad that your sister and yourself will try to talk to your brother. I think this is a great idea. I hope it goes welll.

I wanted to ask you if it was ok to use your weight loss chart on my blog? Please let me know.

 
At 11:28 AM , Blogger jeannie* said...

So glad to hear your mom's surgery was a success! Sounds like she really bounced back quickly... thats amazing!

Hopefully things will go well with your brother. Being a teenager sucks sometimes... I hope you and your sister can get through to him.

And I see you lost another 4 pounds!!! YOU ARE ROCKING AT THE WEIGHT LOSS!!!! Keep it up. You're such an inspiration!

 
At 11:51 AM , Blogger Cory said...

I'm so glad to hear that your Mom is doing so well. It's amazing sometimes how quickly our parents jump back from things like that.
I hope you are able to resolve things with your brother without causing any major problems for the family.
And you are still doing well on the weight loss front. Sometimes we just have to maintain in order to keep going.

 
At 2:53 PM , Blogger Elaniom said...

WOW!! Your mom is such a trouper! Make sure that she takes it easy for a while though; spinal surgury is not something to take lightly. She'll be in my prayers.

As for your brother, be prepared for your own tongue lashing from him. Teens are not the most respectful breeds and if her has no problem with talking to his mom like that he will have no problem talking to you and your sister even worse! Good Luck!! And don't take anything he says to heart!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home