Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Daily Post #77, 78

Calories in: 2733
Calories out: 6937
Difference: 4204

Water: Not so awesome, but not awful.

I'm glad I went to the gym before I went over to my parents tonight, because I know if I had planned to go afterwards I wouldn't have gone. It's amazing how the people you love the most in the world are the ones that some times stress you out the most.

I have a younger brother who is in the hight of his teenage angst. I didn't see him tonight, but before I arrived he got my mom all worked up. See, he has this weird habit of never eating anything my mom cooks for him. He'll eat McDonalds every day, but he won't touch the food that the rest of the family thinks is delicious. My mom is an excellent cook, something she's very proud of, and the fact that he won't eat anything she makes has always sort of offended her. Tonight he finally told her why he wouldn't eat her food. The reason? He claims that the food she makes is the reason my family has a history of being fat. That's the word he used, fat. My sister was fat, my dad is fat, and I'm fat.

He thinks she made us fat. My poor mother. Of all the things in the world that have made me weigh what I do, I never once considered my mother the source of my fatness. When she told me about this, she had tears in her eyes and I could have beat my brother up for saying what he said to her. I know that she wishes she could fix all of my problems, and she does usually, but she can't fix my fat and now she thinks it's her fault.

To make matters worse, my mom is going in for serious spinal surgery tomorrow, and she's got my brother's mean words hanging over her head. I just feel so awful. I assured her that I don't blame her for my weight, that I never have, and that it's my deal and my issue, but I know she doesn't believe me. The last thing I want is for her to be going into this surgery feeling like a bad mother, or doubting herself in any way.

I don't know, the whole situation just makes me sad and frustrated. And I really don't know what to do about it.

Labels:

7 Comments:

At 9:30 AM , Blogger jeannie* said...

Brothers can be quite incensitive sometimes. And being at the height of the teen angst stage probably isnt helping. Your poor mother!!! You did the best thing you could have, you told your mother that you dont blame her. And while I'm sure shes having a hard time believe it, shell understand eventually.

I hope the surgery goes well. Please keep us posted!

 
At 10:42 AM , Blogger Cory said...

Next time you see your brother you should hit him over the head. Now matter what you actually THINK, you NEVER say anything like that to your mother!

I hope everything goes well with her surgery. Let us know!

 
At 10:43 AM , Blogger Elaniom said...

Oh, how I hate to remember the days on my own brother's angst. He could really make life hell. You did what you could and hopefully, you mom will take your words instead of his to heart. Keep us posted on her surgury.

 
At 1:29 PM , Blogger ~~Midnight Raider~~ said...

I was terrible as a teen, and probably would have said something cruel like that to my own mother. Anyway... funny that he said your mom's cooking is to blame, but he eats McDonalds?!!?? McD's is sooooo unhealthy and fattening.

 
At 2:27 PM , Blogger i i eee said...

That would make me feel very sad and frustrated as well. Your poor mom. I hope her surgery goes well, and she heals quickly.

I can't even imagine having a brother say something like that to my mom. My parents really lucked out, we were great kids -even as teenagers. And my brothers would never say anything like that to my mom -partly because they know my dad would kick them to the curb if they did.

That's hard. I hope he grows up soon and sees the error of his ways.

 
At 8:56 PM , Blogger WeightWatchnWoman said...

I hope your mom's surgery went well.

I am sorry that she had to hear those words from your brother before she went in for surgery, heck I am sorry she had to hear them at all.

I am so sorry -
(((((((((Hugs 2 you))))))))))

 
At 10:40 PM , Blogger Michelle said...

I'm so sorry ... just keep reassuring your mom that you love her. As a mom, she knows it, but with the stress from the surgery, she may be overwhelmed. I'll keep you both in my prayers!

Thank you for the get well wishes for my son and for the good luck wishes for my Biggest Loser call back! They both worked because my son is doing well and I made it to the semi-finals!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home