Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Daily Post #83

Calories in: 1145
Calories out: 3470
Difference: 2325

A few things I made a mental note to talk about today:

1. I should never got to the gym around 5:00 if I intend to do weights. It's nearly impossible to get on the machines you need, people take forever to do their sets, and I swear I saw one guy napping on the leg press. And speaking of the leg press, why is there only one of these for the entire gym to use? I had to keep myself busy doing other things for forty five minutes tonight before it was free long enough for me to snag it. That is not cool. So, no gym for me at 5:00, way too frustrating.

2. I got curious yesterday and checked out how my BMI has change since October, when I first decided to move my mass around a little more. When I first started I was 46.3 and fell in the MORBID OBESE category. Morbid, indeed. Since then I have dropped my BMI seven points and now qualify as SEVERELY OBESE. Who knew that being severely obese could be an improvement?

3. So, I keep having these dreams when I'm working out at the gym, looking at sweaty but still totally adorable, and I meet a nice guy who has weigh problems too but is in the weight-loss groove just like me. We become workout buddies whilst commiserating over how mean people can be to you when you're fat. Eventually we fall madly in love and become a gorgeous super-star celebrity power couple not unlike Brad Pitt/Angelina Jolie and live happily ever after with our adopted children. Really.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 9:13 AM , Blogger jeannie* said...

I've decided that ANY gym around 5pm is the worst unless you're planning on taking a class. I'm totally with you - if I want to life I have to get up at the ass crack of dawn (not something I'm good at) and go before work.

CONGRATS on the BMI loss. You dropped a category in just 3 months - thats amazing! Soon you'll be out of the severly obese cat too... WOO HOO!

And all I have to say about your dream is that it's perfect. Now if it would only come true I'd be the most excited girl in the world for you! I love the adopted children part too... just like Branjolina.

 
At 10:10 AM , Blogger Cory said...

Yeah, gyms never seem to have enough of the right machines. At my gym when I looked around last night there was a wait for it all.

That's definitely a weird dream. I can honestly say that I haven't had one like that before. But it's cool that you dreamed of a guy in the weight-loss zone instead of one that had always been a 'normal' weight.

 
At 10:28 AM , Blogger Elaniom said...

A slightly more excluseive gym proves alot more accessible. I go to the one we have at work which is for the employees only. Yesterday at 5, the only thing unavailable was the treadmills. That's only because everyone seems to use them for their 5 minute warm-up!!!

Congrats on the BMI victory!! It's always nice to see it in the numbers!

As for the dream, be careful!! You might miss him sitting right next to you if you are off in la la land!!! ;)

 
At 4:15 PM , Blogger i i eee said...

Haha. Great dream! You never know, it could happen.

 
At 5:46 PM , Blogger Krista said...

I love the dream!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home