Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Daily Post #90

Calories in: 1208
Calories out: 3227
Difference: 2019

Way back when I first got going The Sister and I would go to the local high school's track and walk around it a few time and even jog once in awhile. We probably did about a mile and a half to two miles on good days, and I was always a sore, sweaty mess afterwards. After awhile I got better at it, and learned to enjoy the jogging part, and was even able to jog half a mile without stopping. Then I messed up my knee somehow and decided to give jogging a rest and pursue other forms of fitness.

Yesterday I did the first workout of the Couch to 5K program after I posted. I couldn't believe how much I'd missed jogging. While I was working out I felt amazing and for the first time ever I didn't feel like a fool when I was running. Usually a feel a little like Kermit the Frog, flailing around. But yesterday I felt contained and in control, and I can only assume that I looked that way too.

When I was looking at the program I though the first week workouts looked a little too easy for me, but decided to give it a shot and see if I should start there. I'm glad I did because my legs are so sore today it hurts to move. And I love it! I've never been so excited about a workout in my entire life. I'm really looking forward to working through the program and becoming one of those people at the gym who seem to run forever.

My only other encounter with running was sprinting in field hockey, and I was never very good at it. I realize now that it was probably because it was all too much too soon. I was going from doing no running to intense running without any chance to adjust in between. I'm really looking forward to progressing and doing this now. It was embarrassing when I couldn't keep up with the team, and being able to run now would be like getting some kind of closure on what I consider some of the worst times in high school. I'm going to do this, and I'm doing it for me.

Here's my new schedule for working out:

Monday: Weights/Couch to 5K
Tuesday: Cardio
Wednesday: Weights/Couch to 5K
Thursday: Cardio
FRiday: Weights/Couch to 5K
Saturday: Light Cardio @ Home
Sunday: The Day of Rest

What do you think?

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 1:02 AM , Blogger Sha-Dizzle said...

girl you are smokin' me, for reals. just today i finished my whole step dvd from start to finish for the first time! it's cool... really tho, yours is the blog i read to keep me going. youre doing great.

 
At 10:02 AM , Blogger Cory said...

That is an awesome schedule! I'm so glad that you are enjoying the Ct5K program!
I tried to start it at Christmas, but was so out of shape I couldn't complete the second jog interval. I have all intentions of picking it up again in a month or two though.

 
At 11:27 AM , Blogger WeightWatchnWoman said...

Wow, this post has inspired me to give the Couch to 5k a try. I am going to read up on it etc.

I am glad that you are enjoying it...greattttttttt!

 
At 3:43 PM , Blogger jeannie* said...

I'm so impressed! Youre going to kick some 5k butt I just know it!!!

And that looks like a great workout plan. Totally important to have a day of rest :)

 
At 4:05 PM , Blogger Tigerlilly said...

Hey!!! Looks like a great workout schedule... you should kick some serious fatt butt doing it!!

I wish I could run, but with two bad knees, it causes some serious pain. So think of me when your out there running... and then push a little harder!!!

Keep up the amazing work
Stay Strong

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home