Monday, February 12, 2007

#104 The Ultimate Wardrobe Woe (209.0)

Another weigh in, another 3.2 pounds down! Apparently my body handles the sugar and alcohol that ran rampant in my diet this past week like a champ. Oh, merciful metabolism, I thank thee for being so kind this week.

Now on to the real purpose of this entry. I need a bathing suit. Egh. Urg. Blegh.

I'm not sure if I've mentioned it here before, but in about 4 weeks I'm going to be taking a trip to Marbella, Spain with some friends for Spring Vacation. I know, how very college student of me. This trip, which I've known about for about 9 months, was only a small part of my motivation to start moving around more, but now that I'm down forty four (!!!) pounds, the urge to get under 200 by March 10th is a strong one. I don't want to pressure myself into time limits, but wouldn't it be so freakin sweet to get on that plane weighing less than 200 pounds!? With only nine pounds to go, I have to believe it's entirely possible.

To the left is the suit that I've chosen. I'm sort of pale so I worry a little about the bright pink, but I think if I go tanning a few times I'll be able to pull it off. To be safe, I ordered two, one in a size 18 and another in a size 20. I have a very small window to find a suit that fits for this trip so I'm not taking any chances. Whatever doesn't fit is going back. So what do you guys think? Will this suit be able to handle for my big hips and not-exactly-taut stomach? I think the scrunch-i-ness in the front (clearly I have no fashion prowess) might hide some rolls, and the almost shorts like bottoms might cover some of the thighs. I ordered a cover-up as well because I know I'll probably never have the confidence to strut around in a bathing suit when not in a pool.

Bathing suits are so terrifying. I should have planned ski vacation!

Labels:

10 Comments:

At 3:01 PM , Blogger WeightWatchnWoman said...

WOWIE!!! Congrats on the lost...you are really rolling.

I love the swimsuit. I think it is very nice and it will compliment you well. Enjoy your trip....

Oh yeah, you will lose the 9 lbs before you leave for Spain....

 
At 3:11 PM , Blogger Weight Master said...

Congrats!! Way to go. Work hard and you'll have no trouble losing another 9lbs. Good luck.

 
At 3:32 PM , Blogger jeannie* said...

I really like the suit. I think its a great style and will flatter you! And good luck with your next 9 pounds! You can totally do it... and even if you dont yove already come so far that you have to just be proud!

 
At 4:09 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

WAY TO GO!
Another 3.4 pounds is a tremendous loss!

I like the color of the suit you have picked!

 
At 8:34 AM , Blogger Amy said...

the scrunchiness is called ruching (rooshing). very french, very in, very cute. hope you like one of them!

 
At 10:11 AM , Blogger Tigerlilly said...

Great job on the loss!! That is fantastic..

I love the suit and the color!! Sounds like a fantastic vacation!!

 
At 10:32 AM , Blogger Fatinah said...

First off - congrats on a spectacular loss!
Second - that suit will look hot, hot, hot!!

 
At 12:46 PM , Blogger ~~Midnight Raider~~ said...

The ruching is designed to flatter the tummy, so I think it's a great choice! You'll look awesome!

 
At 5:37 PM , Blogger JOY said...

Awh good for you! You have done fantastic - keep it up!

Am sure you will look great, I know how you feel about swimwear though. I had the same problem recently.

I opted for a two piece with a swim skirt in the end! Maybe once I have lost the weight I will take the leap to a swim suit!

 
At 9:33 PM , Blogger Sally JPA said...

The ruching will definitely help hide any belly issues. And it's cute!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home