Friday, February 09, 2007

Daily Post #100

I've been pretty quiet over here lately, which can only mean that things in my life have been just the opposite. School is in full swing and eats up my entire week. Luckily I'm still finding time to hit the gym as often as possible and will be heading there once I finish this post.

Today is my last day of week 2 on the Couch to 5K program and I'm both nervous and excited to move on to the next week. I'm sure it's going to be like this the whole way through... me being scared that I'm not ready to take that next step. I guess we'll see how today goes before I establish a real opinion about it.

Yesterday I didn't feel much like leaving the house but still wanted to work out. I happened to surf past FitTV while sitting on my couch and decided to give an at-home workout a try. I know a lot of people really prefer to work out at home, for whatever reason, but most of the time I can't stand the idea. I feel foolish going through the motions. So, yesterday I closed the curtains in my living room and did "Kick, Punch, and Crunch Cardio Blast" for an hour. I actually had a lot of fun going through the routine and bouncing around in front of my television. To my surprise, I even got pretty sweaty from the workout! I've never broken a sweat from a workout DVD before - usually because I turn them off before I get to the good stuff.

I doubt the home workout will be something that I do often, and I'll probably just keep it for a back-up option on days when it's too cold to go outside. Plus, you can't hate a workout that allows you to stay in pajamas and socks.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 3:00 PM , Blogger i i eee said...

Amen to pjs and sock workouts. Mmm-hmm.

 
At 7:38 PM , Blogger WeightWatchnWoman said...

It seems like everyone is pretty busy these days. I am glad that you are sticking with working out though. I am with you and I do not like working out at home either, but I use it as a backup plan as well.

Enjoy your weekend!

 
At 2:23 PM , Blogger Sha-Dizzle said...

i love the home workout. i wont use the excuse of not having any gym clothes to not work out!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home