Tuesday, February 13, 2007

#105 Ellipting My Ass Off

My little corner of the world is in lock down right now in anticipation of "the worst nor'easter in several years". Considering Maine hasn't had a real crazy winter in quite a while, I figure the snow is due. It amuses me that so many people around here get so bent out of shape when it's predicted that we'll get some snow. You live in Maine!

The only problem I have with the snow is that the big storm falls on a day that I had planned to run at the gym. If it snows too much I won't be able to go and that'll put me a day behind on my planned schedule. Not a big deal, just puts a little cramp in my style.

For some reason I was really craving some hardcore elliptical work today, so I hopped on my machine for forty minutes before class and forty minutes afterwards. That certainly took care of that craving! I guess with my trip a mere 24 days away I'm feeling the need to crack down and do work. Oh, and my elliptical needs it's batteries replace - I've never used a machine so much that I had to change the battery! Does this count as an NSV? Haha.

I cooked steak for the first time ever today. That was an adventure. My mom sent me home from her place last night with this juicy rib eye and told me to cook it up for myself when I felt like having steak. I hadn't had steak, or beef for that matter, in quite awhile so I gave it a show. I singed one side pretty bad, and overcooked it a little, but it was delicious. I split it into two meals, one where I just ate the steak itself and some soup, and another where I made the steak into a wrap with a whole wheat tortilla and fat free ranch dressing. Yum!

I'm off to cozy up with some tea and American Idol. Hope everyone's week is going well!

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

At 9:24 PM , Blogger WeightWatchnWoman said...

I had steak today for the first time in a long long time. It was delicious. The Mister took me out for our V-Day dinner and I chose steak....so so good, but so so heavy on the stomach.

Wow, 80 minutes on the elliptical!! That is really amazing. You really inspire me. I will try one session of 40 minutes tomorrow.

 
At 9:32 PM , Blogger Sally JPA said...

80 minutes on the elliptical? Holy hell, that is some work-out. And a class, too!

 
At 10:41 PM , Blogger Fatinah said...

wearing out the batteries on a piece of exercise equipment not qualifying as a NSV??? That is a NSV if ever there was one - WAY TO GO!!!!!!

 
At 9:41 AM , Blogger Cory said...

Definitely an NSV, and an awesome one at that! You must be loving that thing a lot! Congrats on the workout, and on cooking your first steak. That's awesome!

 
At 10:44 AM , Blogger Tigerlilly said...

Mmmmmmmmm steak! [[[drool]]]

And killing a workout machine? Definatley an NSV!!! LOL

Keep up the great work and you will look fantastic in that bathing suit! I have no doubt in my mind you'll be under 200 for your trip!...

 
At 10:49 AM , Blogger Amy said...

augusta's all closed down because it's snowing. the horror! snow! in maine! who knew?

 
At 11:42 PM , Blogger Living to Feel Good said...

I bow down to you! I can barely do 15 mins let alone 80 fricken minutes!! You RULE!! :D

 
At 9:19 AM , Blogger Weight Master said...

I envy you. The elliptical is so good for you and I hate doing it. I wish I could crave doing it. I hate doing jus 30 min on it.

 
At 9:31 AM , Blogger Michelle @ The 2007 Challenge said...

Man oh man - you rock the elliptical!! Hope you're faring well in the snow! We got a ton dumped on us Monday and Tuesday, and now are in the frigid cold again. But, I live in Wisconsin, so that's the way it is up hea!

Take care!

 
At 1:52 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

That's awesome, I can barely get through a class, never mind 80 minutes of elliptical on top!

Hope you're weathering the storm OK. I'm down in MA and we got tons of ice, which is messing me up bigtime workout-wise. I couldn't even get my car out of the driveway to get to the gym! ;)

Just a side note to weight master: have you ever tried an arc trainer? It's a lot like an elliptical--as a matter of fact I'm not sure what the difference is but at my Y we have both and while I HATE the elliptical I LOVE the arc trainer. And they both kill hella calories! :) Whee!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home