Sunday, April 08, 2007

#123 In Which Life Gets Interesting

First, a happy Easter holiday to all out in blog land. I hope you all had the chance to spend time with your family and eat delicious holiday food and avoid your cousin who smells a little strange. I know I did! I wore the cutest outfit ever to my family's festivities, my favorite part of it being the size 16 jeans that make my butt look fabulous. Hurrah!

The past couple of days have just been a whirlwind. Just as things are coming to a close at school I've been informed that the building I live in is being sold and there's a good chance once the papers are signed I'll have 30 days to vacate. So between pulling together all of my academic stuff, feeling the pressure of needing to find a job pronto, and now apartment hunting I've just been all over the place.

Because of the hectic pace at which things seem to be happening right now my eating hasn't been nearly as strict as it once was. I'm cooking some fish right now which will be the first meal I've cooked at home in over three days. I'm certainly applying the portion size rules and saying a polite no thanks to things I know I shouldn't be eating, but it's hard to accomplish perfection when you're on the run.

I also haven't been working out as feverishly as I once did, for the same reasons. Hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to get my act together and return to the gym and if I'm feeling up to it tonight I hope to get on the elliptical for at least 30 minutes, just to keep up the momentum of working out. I did get in three solid workouts during this past week, and one day I shoveled snow for over an hour which I counted as my exercise for the day since I was soaked with sweat afterwards.

I guess all of this sounds a little like a disclaimer, just in case I don't happen to lose any weight this week. For some reason I'm suddenly not very concerned about the number and I'm more concerned about making sure I get everything done that's planned for the day and trying to get some sleep. Basically, I'm accomplishing my April goal of hanging in there. Things get a little crazy some times so I guess this will be good practice for keeping my weight/health in check in times of mayhem.

Hope everyone's weekend went well!

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 9:54 AM , Blogger Cory said...

Sorry to hear that things are so hectic. At least you seem to have had a good holiday in spite of it!

 
At 12:23 PM , Blogger Michelle @ The 2007 Challenge said...

Girl, you're doing the best you can under the circumstances, and you're doing a great job! Good luck in the apartment hunt - it's good that you're looking now, rather than waiting for notice! Keep up the great work!

Aloha,
Michelle
http://findingmahealani.typepad.com

P.S. Size 16 jeans?! You rock!!

 
At 1:36 PM , Blogger ~~Midnight Raider~~ said...

Don't worry if you can't make perfection all the time! It all evens out in the end, as long as you have healthy meals as much as possible. Sounds like you're under some stress, so don't forget to take some "me" time, too!

 
At 10:53 AM , Blogger jeannie* said...

Congrats on the size 16! Thats AWESOME :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home