Friday, March 02, 2007

#113 Pigs In The Sky

We got the most disgusting storm ever today. First it snowed and snowed and snowed and then the heavens shot out this tsunami style rain that soaked into the snow and created the heaviest, most annoying sludge in the existence of sludge. Normally I would raise my arms in victory, declare a snow day and settle in for a marathon viewing of the Independent Film Channel. But today I had big plans for a run and weights at the gym, a workout I'd been anticipating all week. The storm was the most evil of dream crushers.

One of the most frustrating things for me right now is not being able to workout when I had planned to. I get this antsy, anxious feeling that makes me want to pound my feet and whine because dammit, I wanted to run today! I was supposed to do my first 20 minute run and had really been psyching myself up (and out) about how I was going to do. Whenever my run times get upped I'm always terrified that I won't be able to do it and then, once I've proved that I can do it, feel a certain amount of smug satisfaction. I pretty much live for that feeling of accomplishment right now and to not be able to run today and achieve something really bummed me out.

It's not really a big deal - I'll just go tomorrow instead - but I hate substituting elliptical at home for the gym. It's just not the same. Sure, Paul the Ball is there, and I don't have to wear an uncomfortable bra, and I can watch ER and ogle George Clooney, but I don't think a home workout will ever measure up to one at the gym.

Look at me talking about missing a day at the gym like it's some kind of tragedy. I am a changed woman!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home