Tuesday, February 27, 2007

#112 Pardon My Bipolar

My apologies for yesterday's sobfest. I think I was just having a moment. I'm feeling much better today, strong, confident, ass-kickin' good. I really appreciate the comments that were left for me, it really chilled me out to know that I wasn't completely insane for being a little freaked out about what's going on with me. I remember reading somewhere that weight loss can mess with your hormones, so I'm going to chalk yesterday up to a wonky hormone day.

Did I mention I got my bathing suit in the mail the other day? I had ordered two size, a 20 and an 18, to be safe, and the smaller of the two fit the best (woo!) so that's the one I'll be bringing with me to Spain. I ordered a black cover-up as well, which looks so cute I can hardly stand it. I'm actually beginning to entertain the idea that I might not be totally appalled to wear a bathing suit in front of my friends!

A pretty average day around here. I spent the morning at my parents finishing up my taxes (need that return money to pay for tequila shots!) and then went to my digital imaging class for a few hours. When I got home I hopped right on the elliptical to get my exercise in for the day. My new routine for days that I don't go to the gym is to use the elliptical for 50 minutes (increasing the resistance every 5 minutes until I reach level 6, and then working my way back to 1) and then doing a whole mess of crunches on my stability ball which I have named Paul. Paul the Ball.

For my march challenge I've decided to use Paul every single day. I'm not saying I'm going to do anything crazy, but it would be cool to be able to do these by the end of the month. For the week that I'm in Spain my goal is to stick to the Couch to 5K program. There's a gym at the resort so I'm going to do my very best to get to it three times to stay on track. That week I'll be doing 25 minute runs. Holy crap.

Good luck to everyone on the March challenges! I'm thrilled to see so many of us sticking with this and I can't wait to see where we all are when this challenge comes to a close (or gears up for year two, who knows!). You're all amazing.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

At 1:09 AM , Blogger Robyn said...

I totally love that you named it Paul...too funny

 
At 9:11 AM , Blogger A Heathier Me said...

I've been reading your blog for a while and I just wanted to tell you I think you are doing an amazing job. You are an inspiration to me!!

 
At 9:59 AM , Blogger Cory said...

Paul, how awesome!
Congrats on the swimsuit. That is fantastic!

 
At 10:53 AM , Blogger WeightWatchnWoman said...

No apologies needed...it was a good vent that you probably needed yesterday.

Paul the ball..how cute is that?

Congrats on being able to fit into the smallest of the two swimsuits...rock on!!

 
At 12:44 PM , Blogger ~~Midnight Raider~~ said...

Have fun with Paul! I use my ball a lot for ab work... really tones the tummy!

 
At 5:09 AM , Blogger JOY said...

Well done on the swim suit!

Good luck with your March challenges!

Am sure you will do it.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home