Wednesday, April 04, 2007

#121 A Cold, Blustery Day

Things are pretty quiet (translation: boring) around here lately. I haven't really been busy with anything specific, but I feel like I'm constantly on the go. At the same time I feel completely bored with everything right now. I'm suffering from an ennui that I can't pinpoint. It's a combination of senioritis and my basic human needs not being met.

It started snowing this afternoon, the last snow of the season according to my grandfather the human almanac, which derailed any plans for going to the gym today. I didn't really mind since I was hesitant to go anyhow due to a blister a bit bigger than a quarter on the instep of my right foot that has basically progressed into a hole of sensitive, sore, new skin. It is gigantic. I had to use one of those massive band-aids that are usually saved for road rash just to cover it up.

Food was kind of weird for me today. I'm not sure if it was the gross weather or just a blah day, but I wasn't hungry at all for the first half of the day and then once 4:00 hit I was completely famished. I ended up going to the grocery store and picking up some beer and a rotisserie turkey breast (because I'm a fraternity brother? I'm not sure.) and picked at that this evening. Not exactly the most nutritiously concious day of eating, but what are you gonna do? I guess the plus side is that when you're dieting you can totally get buzzed off of one beer. Excellent.

Right now I'm going to do my best to fight off the impending tryptophan coma and strap on my sneakers to do some work on the old elliptical (which my dad fixed for me yesterday! The joy! The rapture!). I know I said in the paragraph above that I had a beer buzz, but I'm pretty sure I'll be able to operate the equipment without doing too much damage. Hopefully.

Shout out to my April partners: Amber, Christy, and Cory!

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 9:35 PM , Blogger WeightWatchnWoman said...

I hope that the day got better for you. Sometimes it is like this and the weather may be contrubuting to how you were feeling.

I can't wait until the weather breaks for good. The teases are frustrating me : (

 
At 11:32 AM , Blogger Michelle @ The 2007 Challenge said...

Hey Meghan, it's great to finally "see" you! :) I'm so proud and in awe of you for losing 57 lbs so far. Keep up the great work!

 
At 11:35 AM , Blogger ~~Midnight Raider~~ said...

LOL! It is nice that dieting means fewer alcoholic beverages needed for buzz!

 
At 12:29 PM , Blogger jeannie* said...

Ohhhh beer and a rotisserie chicken, that sounds SO yummy! heehee.

And I'm happy that your dad fixed the elliptical. Woohoo!!!!

I hope your blister gets better... theyre the worst. ICK!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home