Tuesday, March 20, 2007

#116 My Triumphant Return

Well, I'm back from the wild world that was Spain. The details are a little foggy but I can report, for sure, that a better vacation was never had. It was relaxing and adventurous all at once and I wouldn't change a single second of it. I've never been more happy to see my old friends and spend quality time with them doing what we do best drinking, dancing, and debating. We did tons and tons of walking, and the picture to the right shows the Alhambra Palace which was one hell of a climb, let me tell you. The views were well worth it.

It's worth noting that I got the best feedback one could possibly get from them concerning my weight loss. My best gay friend told me several times that I looked just fabulous, and one of his friends that I'd met only once before told me that I looked like a different person - happy and healthy. I was even referred to as pretty once! Woah! We went out one night and a guy grabbed me from my seat and swirled me around the dance floor, accepting nothing less then a dance with me before I laughed my way to the exit. Honestly, I've never felt so good about myself as I did after that night. Someone picked me!

I think all of that has made me feel very comfortable where I'm at right now. I may or may not have gained a pound or two while I was gone, but I'm not really concerned about it. The number seems like such a tiny insignificant thing right now.

That's not to say that I'm so comfortable that I'm going to just hang out here. Now that I'm home I'm back to keeping a watchful eye on what I'm eating and I'm being sure to keep exercise in my daily routine. My first day back at the gym was yesterday and it went okay, with the only bump being that I had a really hard time doing any running at all. I'm not feeling particularly passionate about running at the moment so I'm not fretting, I still worked out hard and know that I didn't slack off which is the real point. I came home to find my cat had chewed through the electrical wires on my elliptical, but my dad thinks he can fix it, so we'll see. I can live without my at home machine but I really don't want to.

I'll be taking photos of my food for the challenge tonight and tomorrow, posting tomorrow night assuming nothing crazy comes up. Still trying to get my life back in order and get my body back on an American schedule.

I hope everyone had a wonderful week! I'll be making the rounds as soon as I get a chance!

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

At 7:02 PM , Blogger i i eee said...

Sounds like you had an awesome time! Whoo-hoo! Welcome back.

 
At 8:32 PM , Blogger Fatinah said...

Glad to hear that you had such a great time - welcome back!

 
At 10:00 PM , Blogger thrilled said...

I didn't know you before you left, but welcome back, anyway! So far, I think Spain is my favorite destination, and I'm so glad you thought it was fab too.

Your loss so far has been quite inspiring for a girl like me who's just starting out. So thanks for sharing!

 
At 10:02 PM , Blogger thrilled said...

P.S. -- I linked to you for thinspiration. I hope you don't mind!

 
At 12:42 AM , Blogger Living to Feel Good said...

Glad you had a great time. It's always nice when people noticed your WL efforts! Hooray for that! :D

 
At 7:06 AM , Blogger Carrie said...

Welcome back!! I am so glad you enjoyed Spain so much!! Boy do I miss it! I am glad to have you back!! Way to get back to the gym and back on track right away! Way to go!! And kudos on the dance...I konw how great that feeling is...and the comments must have been so inspirational!

 
At 3:17 PM , Blogger jeannie* said...

Welcome back! You were missed here in blogland, but I'm glad you had such a good time in Spain! Sounds like your hard work is really paying off. I'm SO impressed that you got right back on track now that youre done vacationing... keep it up :)

 
At 1:38 AM , Blogger Sha-Dizzle said...

ah shit, girl, you just too much! had a fantastic time on your vacation, come back to the routine, left happy and returned happy! THINSPIRATION indeed! i had a coworker going to mexico and all she could do watch boohoo about falling off her diet, which she boohooed about before she left and after she got back. some fun, huh? not a happy person was she, didnt work on her mental. this is why you are and will continue to be sucessful, meghan, b/c you're happy with how/what you are, you live and have fun today, but dont ignore tomorrow. love ya! ~sha

 
At 10:49 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad you had a great time!

Looking forward to seeing some pics of your trip!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home