Monday, March 05, 2007

#115 Chasing the White Rabbit (201.8)


Oooh, Onderland is so close I can almost taste it! Today's weigh in yielded a loss of 2.2 pounds, putting me 1.8 pounds shy of my Spain goal. Can I lose 1.8 pounds in five days? Probably. Am I stressing out about it? Not even a little. Back in October I never would have thought it was possible to be almost under 200 by the time I left for my vacation. But alas! Sometimes you surprise yourself.

I had maybe the worst run ever today. Almost as soon as I got to the gym this afternoon my Nano froze and, since I'm new, I didn't know how to reset it (Apparently you just hold the menu and center button at the same time and it resets itself. Good to know. Kind of wish Apple's trendy minimalist directions had mentioned that.). So, I spent most of my workout seriously pissed off that it wasn't working. My anger (and lack of musical distraction) really effected my running. All I could do the whole time was stare at the clock, watching the seconds slowly go by while I huffed and puffed in agonizing silence. Never again will I run without music.

For some reason the bad run left me in such a funk I resorted to getting some pad Thai with tofu at a local Thai restaurant to devour while doing my homework tonight. Not exactly the most healthy meal, but I wanted something I could eat while studying that wouldn't require any kind of preparation. Plus, It's Monday so I've got the whole week to burn it off.

Thanks so much to everyone who left advice at my last post. I've emailed him back and, since I'm leaving the country for a week in 5 days, have bought myself some time to think it over and get to know him a little more. I can't believe how incredibly naive I am when it comes to these things. I'm so socially underdeveloped that it scares me sometimes.

My new partner for March is Carrie! Go visit her blog and tell her she's wonderful!

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At 8:32 PM , Blogger Fatinah said...

You're gonna look hot, hot, hot in that swimsuit!! Way to go on a stunning loss!

 
At 10:06 AM , Blogger Michelle @ The 2007 Challenge said...

I'm glad we were here to help you with your dilema!! I'm so excited for your about being oh-so-close to wonderland!! I myself can't wait ... maybe by swimsuit season for me? Keep up the great work!

Michelle
http://findingmahealani.typepad.com

 
At 11:37 AM , Blogger ~~Midnight Raider~~ said...

I hate running without distraction on the treadmill, but I don't mind it so much outside. At least the scenary changes! So glad to hear you're at your goal for your trip!!

 
At 4:16 PM , Blogger jeannie* said...

I had the same problem with my nano! I was so peeved! But I'm glad you got it all situated now, whew!

Have a blast on your trip!!!! And great work on being down again. WOOHOO :)

 
At 10:09 AM , Blogger WeightWatchnWoman said...

Congrats on being so close to your goal. I am sure you will get there.

GO GO GO!!!!

Enjoy your vacation.

 
At 12:31 PM , Blogger jeannie* said...

Hope youre having fun in Spain!!! We miss you in blog world... cant wait to hear all about it :)

 
At 11:03 AM , Blogger Sha-Dizzle said...

meghan, can you believe this, we met online months ago and now we're pounds thinner and in different countries! (take notes on meghan, everyone; we started at the same time at the same weight & she's lost 3xs the weight i have). well, you are i hope enojoying your vacation in spain, but i am prepping for work here in korea... but i was just thinking of you the other day, and your bathing suit. i have a sweater that im so close to wearing i cant stand it. it's called "the magic sweater" b/c it looks so good on me and goes with everything. closer to One-derland, closer to the magic sweater...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home