Monday, April 23, 2007

#129 Look What I Can Do! (191.6)

Through some kind of miracle, I weighed in at 191.6 this week. I'm not sure where the 3.6 pound loss came from. I like to think that I burn an amazing amount of calories sitting on my butt, but my brains says that it was part my period finally passing and maybe a little bit of muscle loss from the lack of working out. Whatever it is, I'll take it. I'm half way to my end goal now, and if I lose 1.5 pounds a week I can be there by my 22nd birthday, which is completely do-able.

I didn't make it to the gym today for a number of reasons I don't care to bore you with just now. I did get on the elliptical at home though, so today wasn't a complete loss. I figure I'm getting in some good exercise going up and down all these stairs with boxes of my things. Moving counts as exercise right?

You guys...I've lost 61 pounds. I can't even comprehend that number. I know what 20 pounds looks like, but 60 pounds just blows my mind. I'm a little freaked out by my own body. Sometimes I wonder what's going on in there this time that wasn't all the other times I've tried to lose weight. I'll stand in front of the mirror, admiring how my boobs, for the first time in my life, stick out farther than my belly and wonder what's different this time.

Every time I do something new that I couldn't do before I feel this incredible sense of pride. When I crossed my legs tonight at dinner all I could do was look around and see if anyone noticed, like "Look! Look what I can do!" and then I realize that most people can cross their legs and not think twice. But for me every new NORMAL thing I can do is just...fascinating. Watch me go up and down the stairs with heavy boxes and not lose my breathe. Look at my collar bones which now stick out whether I hunch my shoulders or not. Look! Isn't it all just amazing?

Today I wore a tank top and shorts out in the sun and felt completely content. I feel more and more normal every single day and I can't believe how great it feels to be completely average.

Labels: ,

14 Comments:

At 11:04 PM , Blogger Kim said...

YOU are doing so completely and totally AWESOME!! I am thrilled for you. :)

 
At 8:40 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

WAY TO GO!

60 pounds is a huge loss and I'm glad you are feeling great about it.

Keep up the fantastic job, it's working!

 
At 9:06 AM , Blogger Fatinah said...

wow - 61 lbs! What a great job you're doing!

 
At 1:06 PM , Blogger Cory said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!!! Go you!

 
At 4:56 PM , Blogger i i eee said...

Whooo-hooo!!!! Rock it!!!

 
At 12:27 AM , Blogger Tigerlilly said...

You are doing AMAZING!! Your such an inspiration. You are going to see your goal... I have faith in you!

 
At 4:15 AM , Blogger JOY said...

OMG 60lb! How wonderful for you.

I bet you are feeling so good at the minute and you should be loving every minute of your achievment.

You are an inspiration to us all.

Many CONGRATULATIONS!

 
At 9:39 AM , Blogger thrilled said...

You crossed you legs? WOOOOHOOOOO!!

 
At 4:11 PM , Blogger Salma Gundi said...

I am so excited for you. And I feel the same way about doing "normal" things - I hope we both get to keep that feeling of pride for a long, long time :)

 
At 1:38 PM , Blogger Nicole (SummersComing) said...

Excellent post. Your start weight was slightly lower than mine. I will definitely be following along with your blog for inspiration!

 
At 1:43 PM , Blogger ~~Midnight Raider~~ said...

WOO HOO! Congrats! You're doing awesome!!!!!

 
At 4:17 PM , Blogger Tiffany said...

Doesn't losing weight make you feel wonderful. Now that it is getting nice out I am sure you will keep it up!!!

 
At 9:31 AM , Blogger Sha-Dizzle said...

ah man, i forgot about crossing legs. i cant wait! cross your legs a couple extra times tomorrow for me, im'a catch up in a few more months!

 
At 10:21 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

People should read this.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home