Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Daily Post #31

Breakfast: Kashi GoLean, skim milk
Lunch: Turkey sub from Subway, no cheese, wheat bread, honey mustard
Dinner: Salad, tilapia
Snack: 3/4 C FF Cottage cheese

Exercise: 45 minutes recumbent (16 miles, hills, level6), and then I went crazy tonight and did 20 minutes elliptical (1050+ distance, 200+ calories burned, level 1)

I don't know how I did 20+ miles in 45 minutes that one day. I was pedaling my ass off tonight and barely hit 16. Maybe I read it wrong that day. Or was distracted by the JV football team that trains at the same time the sister and I go to the gym. I was sitting next to one on the bike today and he kept glancing over and trying to keep up with my lightning fast pedaling. He was, but he was only on level 1 that cheat!

Last night I settled in and watched Renee Gets Fit's video logs, talking about her food and exercise and the likes and was introduced to the wonderful world that is diet videos via Youtube. There's a plethera of helpful information, tons of inspiring people, and a lot of advice on things like weight lifting and food and diet myths.

Speaking of weight lifting... the sister and I signed up to meet with the personal trainer at the gym (yes, THE personal trainer. The only one. For the WHOLE gym.) to get some advice on how to use the machines to our best advantage. There was only one other name signed up for that particular session (because the personal trainer never meets with just one person at a time - not very personal in my opinion) and I'm pretty sure that person was my 9th grade science teacher. That'll be interesting.

I haven't been sleeping very well lately, and I yearn for the deep dreamy sleep I was getting the first few weeks on this diet life style change. Part of it is my cat going totally insane from 10 PM to 4 AM and part of it is me just not feeling as rested when I get up. Any have any ideas?

I sort of feel like I need a food overhaul. The way I eat is just messed up. I don't think I'm getting enough calories which is all at once confusing and ironic. On the one hand it's like "Yahoo more calories!" But on the other it's "Ugh more food?". I guess my relationship with food is messed up right now. It's conflicted and boring and scary. It shouldn't be. I don't think Im eating in a way that I could sustain for a very long period of time, like, say, forever. Which just sets me up to be one of the 95% who gain back everything they lose plus more. I can't really afford to buy more food than I'm buying now, so I feel trapped in my choices.

One cannot live on cottage cheese and lettuce alone.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 7:28 PM , Blogger i i eee said...

I know how that feels. When you find out that you're probably not eating enough. Nutrition and metabolism and all that junk is such a tricky thing. Meh. And yet, we fight on.

 
At 7:29 PM , Blogger i i eee said...

I just realized that I'm incapable of writing a complete sentence. I make no sense. Oh well. :) Have a good one!

 
At 12:13 AM , Blogger Sha-Dizzle said...

it doesn't look like youre taking in enough calories, especially with all the exercise you're doing. are you counting calories? i used to think it was a pain, but it's help me learn so much. i use calorie-count.com.

 
At 12:14 AM , Blogger Sha-Dizzle said...

oh, a suggestion- change your blogger settings to make comments appear in a pop up window. its more reader friendly. the way it is now makes one lose your webpage.

 
At 6:38 PM , Blogger Sha-Dizzle said...

ha! thanks for changing it! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home