Friday, November 10, 2006

Gracefully and Grandly

I got my new shoes this afternoon! The shoe saleswoman was completely annoying, being all analytical of my feet from afar. She glanced at them and remarked "You have low arches, and a wide foot. In fact, your whole foot is thick!". Thanks, lady. But I'm loving my new kicks. Took those babies for a little spin this evening and, despite the cranky blister on my right pinky toe, all was well. A fine investment indeed.

Also, the first compliment from an outsider has taken place. "You look like you're losing weight" says my grandmother, and I'm surprised because usually it takes more than 2 weeks for someone to say something. I try and rationalize that maybe the last time she saw me it was on one of my gigantoid days when I would bounce back and forth between the high 250s and the low 260s. I guess if she saw me then and saw me now it could look like I've lost up to 20 pounds.

Note to self though: I need to find a more graceful way of accepting the compliment and moving on. I always come off mumbley and rude and awkward. One of those areas where I still have some growing up to do I suppose.

Another successful day. Each one makes me feel a tiny bit more confident that this time will be "the time". It is true that I have never worked this hard. It is true that I have never been committed. It is true that this time I have an amazing support system in my sister. It is true that this time I am being more cautious, more humble, more realistic. I am only one body.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home