Thursday, November 02, 2006

Cautiously Enjoying A Good Mood

I've only been "eating better" for about 4 days now and I'm already seeing differences.

This morning I was wide awake at 8:00. That never ever happens. I'm usually a sleep in kind of girl, like, a few weeks ago I would sleep until quarter to eleven and that was totally acceptable. I was getting almost 11 hours of sleep a night. Who does that?

Also, I have mad energy. I feel more motivated to get things done. To do my homework, clean my apartment, do my laundry, help out my mother.

In short: I just feel better.

I'm not getting too excited about it yet. Everytime I start a diet new way of eating I get this push in the beginning that's like "hey! this feels good. I should do this all the time!" and remind myself to keep this feeling in my head. Inevitably I'll indulge and then decide since I've already cheated I can keep indulging.

Not this time, baby. I've got my head in a better place. If I mess up, it's just that, a mess up. Not the end of the world. As if people at healthy weights don't have a cookie every once in awhile.

So, I need to be realistic. Realistic and patient.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home