Sunday, October 29, 2006

This Is Your Body

I wish that I was more in tuned with my body. I wish I understood how it works, what makes it happy, what makes it do certain things.

I am ashamed of my body to the point where I don't even physically see it the way it really is. I ignore the mounds of flesh, I ignore the stretch marks, I ignore the multiple chins.

A dose of reality:

I have chubby ankles.
I cannot wear boots because my calves are too big.
I have stretch marks behind my knees.
I have trouble shaving because I can't reach.
There are areas in my midsection that are enveloped in folds of skin.
I have stretch marks across my belly.
I have stretch marks under and around my arms.
I have gigantic upper arms.
My rings barely fit.
I can't wear a watch.
I have two chins.
I have irregular hair growth.
I can't really see my feet.

This is my body. And maybe now that I can really see it, I can really change it.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home